December Holiday Scavenger Hunt
Visit the following holiday websites and answer the questions or follow the instructions that follow. Good luck!
Read Bobby's Christmas Story and answer the following questions:
- What did Santa dress up as to test Bobby?
- What did the children at the orphanage want more than anything?
Visit the holiday crafts page and look at the snowman project. What are the snowballs made of?
- During Hanukkah, candles are lit for how many days?
- Hanukkah is the Hebrew term for what?
- What does Hanukkah commemorate?
- When is Kwanzaa celebrated?
- What does the word "Kwanzaa" mean?
- What does green stand for?
- Visit the Elf School and play a game to earn your Elf School Diploma. Print out for credit.
- What is the secret elf greeting?
- What is Santa Claus called in Holland?
- Does the Holland Santa Claus use a sleigh?
- In Scandinavia, who brings the Christmas gifts to children?
- Who is La Befana?
- At what temperature are poinsettias put in danger of dying?
- Where are poinsettias originally from?
- Answer the following christmas jokes/riddles:
- Who sings "Love Me Tender" and makes Christmas toys?
- How does Santa take pictures?
- What is the difference between the Christmas alphabet and the normal alphabet?
- Under the games section, take the elf test. If you pass, print the certificate at the end. Good luck!
- What is Christmas called in France?
- What is a German Adventskranz?
- In Portugal, people pretend that Father Christmas brings gifts and leaves them either under the tree or where?
- What does a candy cane represent?
- What do the lights on a Christmas tree represent?
- What do the berries on a holly leaf represent?
- Print a Christmas color sheet of your choice!
For more fun, try your knowledge at the Christmas Trivia Quiz--http://www.familygames.com/features/quizzes/xmasquiz.html
Have a very Merry Christmas!