Easter Scavenger Hunt
Visit the links below to find out about the history of the Easter holiday.
- Easter on the Net--
- What is the Easter egg a symbol of?
- What do bright colors on Easter eggs represent?
- What kind of eggs are created by using beeswax?
- What country used hollow eggs with the insides blown out with a straw?
- When and where was the first edible Easter bunny made?
- When was the Easter bunny tradition brought to America?
- Between what dates does Easter occur each year?
- History of the White House Easter Egg Roll--http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/tours/easter.html
- Who started the first Easter egg roll?
- Where was the first Easter egg roll held?
- During the war years, where was the Easter egg roll held?
- What kind of eggs do the children hunt for?
- Happy Easter http://homepages.tesco.net/~derek.berger/holidays/pancakeday.html and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eostre and http://www.theologic.com/oflweb/lentpask/estrmyth.htm
- What does the word Pascha mean?
- In Egypt, who is the goddess of motherhood and fertility?
- What do Christians celebrate on Easter?
- Who was the ancient goddess of Spring?
- What is Shrove Tuesday also known as?
- How do people in Olney, a town in England, celebrate Shrove Tuesday?
- What is the first day of Lent called?
- What do the four ingredients of pancakes represent?
- History, Traditions, and Symbols of Easter--
- What do the French call the Tuesday before Lent?
- What do Catholics put on their forehead on Ash Wednesday?
- What is another name for Maundy Thursday?
- On which special day are hot cross buns traditionally eaten?
- What color are Easter eggs dyed in Greece?
- Easter Links--
- What do the three stages of the butterfly's metamorphoses represent to Christians?
- What does a butterfly's cocoon represent?
- What do gold Easter eggs represent?
- What do silver Easter eggs represent?
- What does the word Lent mean?
- What is a Jack-a-Lent?
- What is a lion the emblem of?
- Why does a Weeping Willow supposedly weep (HINT: Legend of the cross)?
- Easter Bunny or Easter Bilby?
- Why are Australians against using rabbits to signify Easter?
- What is a Bilby?
- Easter Riddles--
- Why did the Easter egg hide?
- How does the Easter bunny keep his fur neat?
- Kid's Domain Easter Time--
- Print out a maze or word search (the advanced, big kids version, of course) and solve.
- Letter from the Easter Bunny--
- Fill in the blanks on this webpage to create a letter from the Easter Bunny. Print the letter.
Thanks for trying the Easter Scavenger Hunt. Contact me at
email@example.com to report missing links or problems. Teachers:
Contact me for the URL with the scavenger hunt answers. Please use a school