BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY REVIEW SHEET
INTERVIEWING, COVER LETTERS, AND RESUMES
- List and explain five things employers look for in candidates.
- Discuss the interview question, "What are your greatest weaknesses?" Give tips for answering the question and then write a brief paragraph with your personal answer for this question.
- Your former boss was a rude, disrespectful women who did not listen to you. Though you performed your job fine and enjoyed your coworkers, she made every day a bad experience for you. As a result, you quit your job. If asked why you left your previous job in your next interview, how should you answer the question?
- What are three tips for proper interview dress?
- What is the goal of a cover letter?
- Explain three reasons for writing a thank-you letter after an interview.
- Explain how nonverbal cues (posture, eyes, hands, etc.) can impact an interview.
- What are three good questions you could ask the interviewer at the close of the interview?
- Aside from preparing for interview questions, what are two other things that should be done before the day of the employment interview?
- Give three tips for writing great cover letters.
- List and explain two marketable job skills you possess.
- Give tips for preparing a resume if you have no paid employment experience.