Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
Using the internet sites listed below, answer the following questions about Thanksgiving.
- Which president first proclaimed a Thanksgiving Day?
- What is the cornucopia a symbol of?
- When is Thanksgiving held every year?
- Who was the Ancient Greek goddess of corn?
- When is the Canadian Thanksgiving?
- What did young boy pilgrims typically wear?
- What are breeches?
- Did most pilgrims wear black clothes with big buckles as depicted in most pictures?
- Which of the following foods did the Pilgrims possibly have on the first Thanksgiving?
- Corn on the cob?
- Indian corn?
- Sweet potatoes?
- When was the national Thanksgiving holiday approved by Congress?
- What kind of businesses are likely to give their employees paid time off for Thanksgiving and the day after?
- What kind of businesses are likely NOT to give their employees a day off around Thanksgiving?
- What tribe of Indians inhabited the area where the Pilgrims landed in 1620?
- What was the Pilgrim custom for women regarding mealtimes?
- Out of the original 102 Pilgrims, how many died the first winter?
- Who was the oldest Pilgrim on the Mayflower?
- How many times was William Bradford reelected governor?
- Were most of the Pilgrims Separatists or Puritans?
- Why aren't leaves green in the fall?
Want to have some more fun? Send a Thanksgiving greeting card to your teacher thanking him/her for something. Visit this website--
Have a great Thanksgiving break!